Monday, May 8, 2006

Nutrition

We (mostly I) have been trying to eat better and lose some weight. I have a family history of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and hypo-thyroidism.
Today the kids and I went to www.mypyramid.gov and typed in our ages and activity levels. The site gives you a break down of what you should eat each day, how many calories and the activity level you need. For me it came out to pretty much what the other weightloss online centers gave me (did I mention they charge money for this??).

There's also a place where you can register and save your information each day and let the site do all the adding and balancing for you. I may do that, but for now we just printed out the .pdf form for our age/calorie level inserted it behind a clear wipe off sheet we have and we are using a wipe off marker to make tallies to add up our daily intake.
It's been educational and interesting. Check it out!

No comments: