Thursday, November 16, 2006

Malachi (Or so I thought)

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. Psalms 19:7

Have you ever struggled with what to study in God's word? I know I do. I always want a "plan". You know a list to check off. Will I ever learn to just wait on the Lord and trust Him for my daily bread? (It's the best place to be.) Right now I am doing that and He has me reading Malachi. I've read it before, in fact I am having to read it in my Bible covered with notes and markings. I'm having to ignore those old notes to see the new fresh ideas that God has for me this time. There is always something new in His word if we will seek it.

The same holds true for homeschool and other areas of life. I know that I am better off if I have just a general outline of what to do each day and let the Lord lead daily. I know that we should have goals and dreams and plans, that we shouldn't be blown about by the wind, but I am learning that God wants me to wait on Him. To seek Him FRESH each and everyday and He will show me what I need and what my children need. And you know what? Each of those days, spent listening to Him and following His lead will add up to weeks, months, years of satisfying education and life.

It's taken me a long time to let go and trust in Him over my own plans and I don't claim to have fully attained it yet, but I am on the road. I can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I can see back also so much wasted time in trying to make my own ideas fit instead of listening and waiting. I don't like to wait. That is a fact. It's possibly one of the reasons God called me to homeschool. I need to learn patience. Is there a better way to learn it than homeschooling?

I started out this morning to blog about Malachi and ended up with this. I guess I'll blog about Malachi later.

No comments: