Monday, April 2, 2007

Outdoor School



Today we had "outdoor school" we took our Bible, books, notebooks, a blanket, bottled water, sunglasses, a ballcap, a small pillow and changed into shorts and tanks and sat out on our lawn reading. I'm not sure how many trips it took to get everything we needed to get situated but it was a refreshing change. DS and I laughed together as we read Pagoo today. I had really wanted to read this book with him sooner but just didn't get around to it. I'm glad we finally started it today.

We also did:

  • Acts Chapter 15 & 16
  • Poem by William Blake
  • Child's History of the World Ch 4
  • The Jungle Book II
  • Picture Study - Vermeer's The Milkmaid
  • Folk Song - I've Been Working on the Railroad
  • Grammar - Lesson 1 in English for the Thoughtful Child
  • Cursive Practice
  • Pilgrim's Progress about 1600 words
  • Explode the Code Lesson 9
  • Buddy read a few pages of "I Should Have Stayed in Bed" by Joan M. Lexau
We still need to do math, but it's "homework" tonight. We had a few interuptions because my mom was sick. But all in all it was a good day.

No comments: