Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Course of Study Plan for my 11th Grader

I've been working on lining out next year's schoolwork. I always do this (and change it many times over the course of the year ;o)) but this time I really need to get some things firmed up because I may have to go to work part time. I would like to have as many things routine as possible by then, so I'm listing my ideas and will update as I go. If you'd like to see our daily plan in progress go here.

Bible -
Luke, Acts, Judges, Ruth

Devotional -
Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
Fox's Book of Martyrs

English-
SAT Vocabulary Online
Easy Grammar Plus
How to Read a Book by Adler
Continue making a Quote Book including Bible, Literature, Shakespeare etc.
Written Narrations in various forms, as well as study guides for literature

Literature-
Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, The Winter's Tale, Comedy of Errors
The Great Gatsby
All Quiet on the Western Front
Frankenstein
Farhenheit 451
The Chosen
Bridehead Revisited
To Kill a Mockingbird
Short Stories: too many to list
Finish Les Miserables (very long!)

Math-
Algebra 2 by Math U See

Science-
Chemistry by Apologia
Update 7/3/07 Joined
VHSG Chemistry Course

History/Geography/Social Studies-

Streams of Civilization Volume 2
America's Century by DK
Diary of Anne Frank
When Hell was in Session by Denton
Witness by Chambers

Government-
The US Constitution
Richard Maybury books
Speeches/Source Documents

Fine Arts -
Art History by Van Loon
Picture Study - Matisse; Titian (1485-1576) Italian High Renaissance; other?
Composer Study: Johann Strauss, Jr.; Wagner and Offenbach, German Romantic; other?

Music-
Piano


That's all I have for now, I'll update any changes forthcoming.

No comments: