Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FAST & EASY Chili Cheese Enchiladas

1 can Wolf Brand Chili (16 oz?)
8-10 oz velveeta type cheese
12 corn tortillas
oil
onion (if desired)
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Soften the corn tortillas in hot oil.
Slice the velveeta cheese into 12 little rectangles.
Roll the velveeta rectangles in the corn tortilla and lay in 9x12 baking pan.
Cover with the can of chili, sprinkle with cheese and onion.
Bake 350 for about 20 min.

I learned this simple dish from my dear (now deceased) mother-in-law. The whole family loves them!

2 comments:

Leigha said...

This is how I make my cheese enchiladas now! (Although I haven't made them in awhile, and I don't use any onion.) I got the recipe from Tab when we first got married and she was giving me all kinds of meal ideas..she's the one that told me the chicken spaghetti recipe too, although I've altered it a bit..I think she adds some milk to the soups.
Anyways, I had no idea this was from Roger's mom!! :)

PLR said...

MMM....
that sounds so delicious and easy!

I may make those next week. (Nov. 1st) trying to arrange a visit w/ our Royse City g-kids!

I bet they'll eat 'em up!
Thanks for the recipe.