Sunday, December 7, 2008

King Ranch Chicken Casserole

I adapted this recipe to my crockpot. I cooked it on low for about 5 hours. It turned out good! Warning - it is spicy, but we like it that way!

Southern Living - King Ranch Chicken Casserole


I used already grilled chicken breasts and chopped them up for use in the casserole rather than a whole boiled chicken.

The other day when we came home from the grocery store, DD and I cooked all the meats ahead of time. Her job was grilling all the chicken breasts on our little George Foreman grill that my older son & DIL gave us for Christmas one year. So all I had to do was remove a couple from the freezer, thaw them just a bit in the microwave, just enough to be able to cut them up and add them to the recipe. It was so easy! I put all the layers together last night in my crock pot, put it in the fridge overnight and then placed the crockpot dish in the heater part and turned it on low. We went to church and it was nice and bubbly and ready for lunch when we got home.

It doesn't get any easier than that.

No comments: