Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bulk Cooking

I tried the once-a-month cooking one time.  Didn't like it.  But what I do like is doing a little "bulk" cooking every couple of weeks.

What I do:

  • Chop, slice and dice up all the veggies for veggie trays or cooking
  • Grill the chicken breasts
  • Brown the ground beef/turkey that will be for casseroles etc
  • Make meatballs or meatloaf or patties
  • Roast some veggies for later
  • Make pancakes or french toast
This is what I store the meats in after cooking. My mom bought it for me.  I think maybe for my birthday??? I can't remember.  I wouldn't have bought it myself but since she did, I use it!  I like it!  I can grill chicken breasts, put them in one of these bags, freeze them, take out what I need and reseal it!  They're fun to use and help cut down on waste.




Yesterday I did all the slicing and dicing.

Today I cooked all the meat and have 2lbs of pinto beans in the crockpot.

I only spent a couple of extra hours in the kitchen.  Now my recipes will be quick and easy to prepare this week. Yay!


No comments: