Friday, July 10, 2009

Sewing Baby Gifts +

I've been sewing again. Yesterday I made one large tote bag, one zippered bag, a purse organizer and 2 drawstring backpacks. I didn't get pictures of them and they are already gone on a mission trip! ;)

Today I made two hooded towels for baby gifts. They are both boy babies so the towels are in the blue family. I decided to add ears just for cute value.

Towel #1-


Ears close up-




Towel # 2-



Towel #2 ears close up -

Sadly, I don't have a live model for the pic, just a rolled up Wal-Mart sack.
But these were easy and fun to make. I actually bought the towels with a different style of baby towel in mind, but this is what I ended up with.
I had a couple of these given to me when my youngest was born (11 years ago!) and we used those for many, many years. I loved them. He loved them. We all loved them. I hope these new moms love them too.

1 comment:

Leigha said...

These are very cute! I'd like to see what your purse organizer looks like..that sounds like something I need since my purse always seems like a bottomless pit!