Saturday, October 10, 2009

American Bald Eagle




The other day ds was looking out the front window, and announced, "Mom! I just saw a bald eagle!"

"Yeah, sure. I don't think so."

I went to the window and looked in the direction he pointed but saw nothing, however I did hear that screeching sound that I've heard on TV before. Maybe it was just a really big hawk and the sun shone on it's head and he *thought* it looked white, I reasoned.

But we got the binoculars out just the same and by that time whatever it was, was flying over our house.

It flew higher and higher and higher! Hmmmm, no birds around here can fly that high.

Trying to get those dad-gum binoculars focused.... wait, that bird is HUGE and well, he has a white head!

WOW, ds was right!

It really WAS a Bald Eagle!

It was so exciting!

I don't know what he was doing here, must've been just passing through.

I've never seen an eagle in our area, except in the zoo so that was an exciting moment for us.

2 comments:

Leigha said...

How cool!

I just noticed that the lady that writes on the blog "A Year of Crockpotting" that you told me about has just published her first cookbook and is going to be on Good Morning America. Very cool also!

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I have heard that EaGLE! flying over our house too! Seriously...

I thought I was hearing things, but thought surely not.

You know just north of here up Hwy 19 in Rains Co. --- it is the Bald Eagle Capital of TX! just over 1-1/2 hours from here the way the crow, no the way the EAGLE FLIES!

I wish I could see him. Now I'm keeping an EAGLE eye out.

oh, I crack myself up, I just can't quit!

ttfn- Pat