These are all in my freezer ready to go:
- WW Friendly apple cinnamon Pancakes
- Healthier French toast(I used egg whites and some flax seed mixed with water, only a little yolk, cooked on the griddle with butter flavor cooking spray)
- Crispy chicken strips (I make strips instead of drumsticks)
- Grilled chicken
- Pigs in a blanket (diced up turkey smoked sausage and WW 2-point biscuit recipe)
- Breadcrumbs for recipes
- Chopped up onion, celery, red bell pepper, green bell pepper
- Vegetable Broth for using in recipes
- Black Beans (made in my crock pot)
- Chick Peas (made in my crock pot)
- Browned ground turkey w/onions
I may make some pinto beans and black-eyed peas in my crock pots today and add them to the freezer as well.
Actually as I was looking in my freezer just now, there really isn't anything in there that I didn't make, except for some purchased frozen vegetables. That's a good feeling!
Having these foods ready to go in case something comes up and I can't make dinner saves us from eating out, keeps us on budget and keeps us from making bad food choices.
Planning is the key!