Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another one down!

We completed our second week of 7th grade.  Don't worry, I won't report every single week (maybe).  But things are going so well I just can't help but share!

We focused a little this week on the Space Race since ds loves rocketry and things of that nature.  We are reading about it in science.  I realized there were a couple of our favorite movies that would go well with this unit and that ds was really too young when we watched them last to get much out of them.  So we watched them both today!



October Sky is one of my favorite movies of all time.  I always get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye a couple of times in this movie.  We laugh a lot through it too.  If you have never seen it, SEE IT!









Apollo 13 is another one that gives an insight to what astronauts go through.









I can't believe we got so much done in our 4-day week!

We did daily:
Bible
Drills
Math
Spelling
Poetry
History (backed up a little and read more about WW1)
Science (Exploring Space)
Writing assignment (Eye-witness report)
Geography

We did weekly:
Art study
Music study
Nature study
Timeline notebook
Science biography
Natural History
Shakespeare (Hamlet)
Greek Myths
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Story of My Life by Helen Keller

We had some fun in math today too.  I'll post about that later!

No comments: