Friday, May 13, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~8

*Note: I had filled in all these answers earlier and now they are gone! I don't have as much time now, so I'll do the best I can remembering what I wrote! Ugh!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~

In my life this week...
This week was jam packed by Monday!  We've fed a puppy with a bottle, visited with family, went fishing, saw our relatives' name on the Vietnam memorial as well as the WWII memorial, went to my dd showcase at college, had my mom spend a few days with us, work, school, getting ready for a yard sale next weekend.  All by Monday!  The rest of the week was spent getting ready for the yard sale, working, school, cooking, thunderstorms, yard sale (did I mention that already?).

In our homeschool this week...
It was back to basics this week.  Plugging along trying to catch up a bit from the days we've missed.  It was a good week.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
You know how you can live near a monument or some attraction but you never stop because you're always on your way to somewhere else?  Well this week we stopped.  We have a war memorial in town so ds and I stopped.  We have some family members names on the memorial wall.  WWII and Vietnam. I didn't take a picture of the memorial, but I did take one of ds in front of a tank.


My favorite thing this week was...
Visiting at my brother's house and seeing family and this-
The mother and other pups died from a snake bite but this little guy survived.  My brother calls him "Killer Joe".

What's working/not working for us...
*I had written something here, but I honestly don't remember it now! I'm in the middle of the yard sale now and brain power is at a minimum.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
*I had written something here... see above.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Photos of some costumes and sets my daughter worked on at her college. I believe it was "Plaza Suite".
This started as an ugly straw hat!

Very pretty!

3 comments:

Crisc said...

Such a sad story about the momma but such a cute pup =)

Jessica S. @Mother of Action said...

I know what you mean!! Today I was blogging in blogger (I don't normally do) and blogger went in hiatus mode!! I lost a whole post!! Ugh. Oh well...

The photos are cool!! and whoever made the straw hat into that pretty one is very talented!! That is great that you get to visit!!

That's neat when we can relate to our past with concrete evidence (memorials)! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

DSLA said...

I think we can all feel each others blogger pain...I lost a post too (and I know the original was better than the new one)! Have a great week!