Friday, June 3, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~11

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~

In my life this week...
I did some more sewing, I have too many projects going!  I need to get some finished before I start others. I have also been really wrapped in a lot of summer planning for missions, VBS, Wednesday night church and children's church.  Along with making a few puppets this week. Whew!

In our homeschool this week...
DS has continued with his math (at a pretty good clip!) and done some small amounts of other work.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
DS had company this week and saw a movie.  I did the usual stuff. Friday we picked up my grandson for the week!  We're so excited to see him!

My favorite thing this week was...
Two favs this week, making a monster puppet (see pic below) and seeing my grandson!!!! :D

What's working/not working for us...
This week was pretty smooth.  Nothing to brag or complain about. ;)

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I have no questions this week, but I have a thought.  This is what homeschool is about to me...life.  Living a life of learning, discovery, service and growth.  Constantly moving forward.  There is room for book work sure, but as I look back at my homeschool journey I worried waaaaay too much about "curriculum" and "credits" and finishing this or that book.  My focus should have been on LIFE and what the Lord has for us.  He is great and worthy to be praised and honored.  I hope you are honoring the Lord and His will for your life in your homeschool.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Another puppet ;)



1 comment:

Crisc said...

Such a cute puppet! Have a good week =)