Sunday, July 8, 2012

Making an Airplane for VBS 2012


 I am making a bi-plane to hang in the sanctuary of our church for VBS.  We are doing Group's Sky VBS.

Okay, so the messes you see in the background here are in my "workshop".  I have a mobile home on my property that I use for my workshop/sewing room/storage/puppet workshop etc.  It's so nice to make these messes and then just walk away!


This is the bottom wing of the bi-plane painted red.
I cut it out of pink insulation foam.
We already had the foam and the paint so this is a free project so far!
This will be the top wing.

This is the rear wing.


This is the tail and the propeller.
 I haven't decided what color the propeller will be yet.


This will be the fuselage (is that the right word?) made from a concrete form.
I already  had this too!
Another free resource! Yeah!

Everything drying!
This little craft tutorial was my inspiration for my shapes.  I hope it goes together like I want it too!

No comments: