Friday, January 13, 2006

One of those Jesus Deals

Excerpt from;
Thoughts on the WORKS of PROVIDENCE
by Phillis Wheatley

"Celestial muse, my arduous flight sustain,
And raise my mind to a seraphic strain!"

This line bears meaning for me. Today my 15 yo dd and I, read this poem. She didn't know what some of these words meant, so we reached for the dictionary.

Now here's where the "Jesus Deal" began.
Earlier during my prayer time this verse came to me and I wrote it down in my journal. (I have been feeling a bit "undone" lately.)

Isaiah 6:5Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts

Fast forward to school time and that dictionary. As dd was looking up "seraphic" our dictionary refered to Isaiah 6 (Gasp! she wasn't familiar with it). So we looked it up and it was at this moment that I recalled my prayer time! It's one of those connections that is special to you alone, because you know they are from God. You couldn't have planned it if you'd tried.

Some call it a "God thing", some call it a "God breeze", I like to call it a Jesus Deal.

No comments: