Friday, February 24, 2006

Knowing Jesus as Teacher

Mark 4:1-20

Jesus often taught in Parables. He used simple everyday activities that the people could relate to. The best teachers use methods that catch your attention and help you make connections. Think about your favorite teacher. What made them stand out? I've had a few teachers that really stand out in my memory, some stand out because they really encouraged me and while I may not remember the material they were teaching, I remember them and their character. On the other hand I had a few teachers that presented the material in such a way that I can still recall that information today, even though it was many years ago.

Jesus was that kind of teacher. He touched people, he connected with people.

I want to have "ears to hear". I want to be a student at the feet of Jesus.

No comments: