Sunday, March 12, 2006

Listen

The Lord teaches me so much, sometimes I just can't put it into words. Lately He's been teaching me to go "back to my roots" so to speak. Several years ago when I truly began seeking Him in my everyday life He taught me about daily quiet times. I have since then tried to do this every morning. But honestly, I've missed many, many times. Now I'm beginning again. Wow! What a difference! I can't say that I'm blown away every single time, but He speaks in that still small voice each and every time. All I have to do is listen.

11 The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
1 Kings 19:11-12

No comments: