Saturday, May 20, 2006

Asking the Lord to Direct Your Home/School

Earlier this week I asked my children to go into their rooms and pray and ask God what He wants them to focus on. My 15 yo dd came back with her journal and impressed me quite a bit with what she wrote. I thought she might come back with a few ideas for school but hers had more to do with character and she is the one that pointed that out to me. She feels God wants her to take the initiative more and to keep an open mind when doing math and science and not “shut down” at the first sign of difficulty.

I was in fact awed with the Lord.It sounds silly. Didn’t I expect Him to speak to her? Yes I did, but it’s just cool when He truly does and you get to be a part of it!

My 8 yo ds wanted me to pray with him. So I did. His reading is beginning to click and so that is one of the main things we need to continue working on. His second issue is asking for the same thing over and over after I’ve already given him an answer – just not the one he wanted.

We are going to spend more time in the Word and notebooking during our school lessons. I've let that fall by the wayside too many times. If we aren't learning for the glory of God what is the point?

These scriptures come to mind:

Psalm 111:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.
Proverbs 1:7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Proverbs 9:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

1 Corinthians 10:31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Isaiah 42:20You have seen many things, but have paid no attention; your ears are open, but you hear nothing.

Ezekiel 12:2Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a rebellious people.

Matthew 11:15He who has ears, let him hear.
Lord,
Thank you for speaking to us. Give us ears to hear. My soul finds rest in you alone, my salvation comes from You.
Help me to be still and know that you are God.

No comments: