Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Simplicity in Obedience

"But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."
2 Corinthians 11:3

I've been blogging a lot lately but I'm just so excited to share the things that the Lord is teaching me and doing in my life!

Today was no different.

http://www.myutmost.org/09/0914.html

This devotional just spoke volumes for me today. Today isn't Sept 14th, but I was led to this page anyway by another site I was perusing.

Oswald Chambers just says it all for my constant frame of mind. I can think something to death! I can weigh, (worry?) sort, compare, guess, and you name it and still not come to a conclusion that gives me peace. Why? Because Spiritual things can't be reasoned! When God is calling you to do something, it just may not make any sense in a rational way. My problem is in recognizing this calling. When I finally say, "I don't care what happens Lord, I just want to do it your way." I will THEN see the direction, the reason. Even if I don't, I can trust Him.

Lord,
Thank you for opening up my heart today to really hear You. Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus. Help me to hear you and obey. This is true peace - knowing that I walk in You.
AMEN

No comments: