Friday, September 28, 2007

Mini Office

I've been working on a project for my 9yo ds trying to make as many things easy for him to work independently when I'm at work. Of course Nannie is near by and 16 yo dd is here to supervise him, but she is busy doing her own work and so he needs things he can do on his own. I have never had him tested for any LD but he is visual-spatial and is a "late bloomer". I can honestly say he is moving by leaps and bounds this year already.

I wish I could take a picture but all of our cameras are broken. :(

I'll link to some samples that I got my ideas from. A lot of these are for younger children but I just used the ideas and made my own charts.

http://www.busyteacherscafe.com/mini_offices.htm

Our Math Mini-Office is two green file folders taped together. Inside I put a Star Wars Addition Facts chart, just using Star Wars pictures for fun. ;) I put a left/right hand since he still forgets these sometimes. I added a multiplication table, months of the year, days of the week money equalities, shapes, and a touch math chart. There is still room to add more things as we go.

No comments: