We're heading to Indiana from Texas in a few days. I'd like to keep our new healthy eating habits. Oh what a challenge for us! Here are some ideas I've gathered:
- 100 cal packs by Nabisco
- Apples (cut up in baggies)
- Applesauce (don't forget the plastic spoons!)
- String cheese
- Trail Mix (low sugar)
- Strawberries (cleaned and sliced in baggies)
- Veggies (cleaned and sliced/cut up in baggies)
- FF yogurt dip in small containers (we'll see if this works)
- Cheese and crackers
- Dry cereal (serving size in baggies)
I don't know if I'll bring ALL of the above, I'm just gathering ideas for now.
- Fruit Juice Boxes (Except DH who refuses to give up Dr. Pepper!!!)
Breakfast for Day 1 on the road
- Egg, reduced-fat shredded cheese, turkey mini-bagel sandwiches (Love these!
- Fruit or Yogurt Smoothie
Lunch for Day 1 on the road
- Teriyaki chicken Sandwiches (see my recipe here) (just an aside, I had the Sweet Onion chicken Teriyaki sandwich at Subway yesterday, not near as good as this recipe! And cost much more too!)
- Veggies, fruit, 100 cal packs
Supper will most likely be eaten out after we arrive. I've got to do some research on the healthiest choices in the area we'll be staying.