A while back my daughter-in-law directed me to this recipe on this blog. I really wanted to make it but didn't have the beef, so I experimented with the same steps using chicken, and substituting Teriyaki Marinade (from Dollar General) for the Worcestershire sauce. It was DELICIOUS!!! In fact I eventually DID make the Marlboro Man Sandwich and at our house we prefered the chicken!
So here's the recipe...
3 or 4 chicken breasts
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/2 cup Teriyaki Marinade (the cheap stuff)
Butter (a little more than a stick)
Onions - I used "Seasoning Blend" bought in the freezer section. It is onion, pepper, celery etc. already chopped in a bag and flash frozen.
1. Cut chicken breasts into thin slices (cut crosswise), pound to tenderize, sprinkle with Lawry's
2.Melt 2T butter in skillet, cook onion blend until clear
3. Remove onions
4. Add 2 more T butter, melt and add chicken pieces.
5. Cook on one side a few minutes, then turn over. Cook thoroughly.
6. Add in the Teriyaki (about 1/2 cup)
7. Add a couple shakes of Tobasco (just for zing)
8. Add 2 more T butter
9. Add onions back in
10. Cook until "glazey" meanwhile - butter the buns and brown them in another skillet or griddle. (Both sides!)
11. Pile the chicken on the buns and serve!
It is finger lickin' good!