Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thoughts about menu planning

She is like the merchant ships,
She brings her food from afar.
She also rises while it is yet night,
And provides food for her household,
And a portion for her maidservants.
Proverbs 31


I've been posting my menus for three months now and the funny thing is, I don't really follow them! Well, that's not entirely true, they are a model, a wish list for meals if you will. Basically I use them to give me direction in my shopping and meal planning. But some days just don't work out for certain meals. Sometimes, the recipe that I thought sounded really good, doesn't look as good on second glance. Why do I continue to make menus? So that I don't have to wrack my brain on a daily basis as to "What's for dinner?"

I can look at my menu in the morning, decide to go with what's posted, or switch them around, but the ingredients are stored up in my pantry and since we live in the country, that means no extra trips to the store, and with gas prices rising, that's a good thing.

Other menu planning sites:
Once a Month Cooking
Veg for Health
Frugal Menus
menus4moms
Cooking on a Budget

No comments: