Friday, January 16, 2009

Librivox

Can I just say a few words about Librivox? It has become one of my favorite resourses on the internet! I can download many books on the Ambleside Online Curriculum for ds. This is very helpful since his reading level isn't anywhere near his comprehension level! Did I mention it saves my voice? I don't really like reading out loud. I love the stories, but my voice just can't handle reading EVERYTHING to ds. Here are some of the gems I've found there for this year.

Age of Fable

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Kim by Rudyard Kipling

Lamb's Shakespeare Tales

Fairyland of Science

The Boy's Life of Mark Twain (Our substitution)

Additional Reading for Year 5:

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling
Puck of Pook's Hill by Rudyard Kipling
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Treasure Seekers by Edith Nesbit
The Wouldbegoods by Edith Nesbit
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin
Hans Brinker by Mary Mapes Dodge
Rilla of Ingleside by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Story of My Life by Helen Keller

No comments: