Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Healthy Dinner - Layered Salad

I wanted to make a salad for supper the other night, but didn't just want the regular tossed salad. I searched for some recipes but many were not really healthy or I didn't have the ingredients so here's what I came up with:


Dressing: Whisk together

½ cup miracle whip type salad dressing -----16 pts

½ cup fat free plain nonfat yogurt-------------- 1 pt

¼ cup 2% milk ------------------------------------- .5 pt

Sub-total points 17.5


Salad Layers:

Green leaf lettuce ------------------------------------0

(1/2 dressing drizzled on)

Mushrooms chopped---------------------------------0

Red onion chopped-----------------------------------0

Broccoli & cauliflower chopped--------------------0

Fresh Spinach------------------------------------------0

3 slices turkey bacon chopped -------------------1.5 pts

Grilled chicken breast chopped--------------------5 pts

(Second 1/2 dressing drizzled on)

chopped garden tomatoes--------------------------0


Layer in 9x13 pan. Cover with clear wrap and put in fridge for a few hours. Serve


Weight Watchers Points:

Total dish – 19.5 points

Divided by 6 servings = 3 points per serving

And guess what? It was good! Even dh liked it! No one knew I had added healthy stuff to the dressing and they liked it. We will make this again. I've thought of a few different ways to make it, you could add ranch dressing, or taco seasoning. Add some beans or corn. Just about anything! I wish I'd taken a picture of it. It was really pretty. ;)

No comments: