Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lentil Tacos

http://www.recipezaar.com/Easy-Inexpensive-Lentil-Tacos-304604

Okay, we made this yesterday.

It was great! Even dh ate 3 of them!!!!

We will have this each time we have taco/tostada/burrito night.

I recommend you try it.

What I did:
I made mine in the crock pot on low for about 5 hours, I think I'll add a bit more water next time because it was all soaked up in 5 hours but some lentils were still a little crunchy, so six hours would be better, but in my crock pot it would have been burned by then.

I used beef bouillon cubes to give that beefy flavor. I may try vegetable some time and see if it still tastes good.

This isn't a meat substitute for sure, I mean I wouldn't try to trick anybody but as a different filling for tacos it's a great alternative.

No comments: