Friday, July 23, 2010

New Purse

I'm not really a cloth purse person, and I'm really not a hobo bag person, having said that today I made myself a new purse and it's a hobo bag.

I wanted a new purse just for a change but didn't have it in the budget to buy a new one, so I rummaged through my fabric stash (which is pretty shabby right now) and found something to make a purse out of and a while later, I had a new purse.

Here it is; mistakes and all! LOL


I used this pattern with some modifications.  If I like it I will actually invest in some fabric I love and make another.

Next time, I will remember to sew the closure on before I put it together, I will add the zippered pocket and I will make the bag just a little shorter, it's a little deep for me.

However I did add a pocket on front and some pockets inside for pens, cell phone, keys etc.


It was fun and easy to make.

I might become a cloth purse carrier after all!

No comments: