Monday, October 18, 2010

Carving a pumpkin...

Well, as it turns out ds age 12 has never carved a pumpkin.  We quit "doing Halloween" a long time ago.  I guess it's been about 12 years!  Anyway, this year I decided to get him a pumpkin to carve.  He decided to do some sort of video game helmet and here is his result. Can you guess what it is?

The carving...

This is it illuminated.  Cool!
I think he did a good job!  He drew the pattern and then applied it to the pumpkin.  I helped him do some of the scraping and a little of the carving - just the larger areas, but mostly he did it himself.

1 comment:

Leigha said...

He did a great job! It has been a few years since we carved pumpkins..I'm hoping maybe we can do it with Lise this year. I haven't even gotten around to buying a plain pumpkin to put on our front porch!