Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday

I didn't go to church today, sick kids etc.  But I did have to go in to finish up some things for children's church and on the way home I was listening to Dr. Robert Jeffreys of FBC Dallas.  His sermon was right along the lines of some things I have been reading about.  God is cool like that!

I want to record my notes from his sermon here.
Base text - Nehemiah mostly chapter 3

In order to complete a large project
I. Organize and delegate-
II. Assign responsibility wisely-

  1. according to interest "in front of his house" Neh. 3:10
  2. according to giftedness. Phil. 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
  3. Praise those who work hard (didn't catch reference here)
  4. Ignore those who decline to work. Neh. 3:5

III. Begin to do the work - 

Prov 26:13-14 
A sluggard says, “There’s a lion in the road, a fierce lion roaming the streets!” 
As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed. 

The sluggard knows the saying that it's harder to begin something than to keep it going, so he never begins anything. Just BEGIN doing something and the motivation will follow.


Neh 2:18 I also told them about the gracious hand of my God on me and what the king had said to me.   They replied, “Let us start rebuilding.” So they began this good work.


The "good work" is actually a holy work.  Work is of God, he created us to work, he worked to create us.  When we work we are in the image of God.  But the work is to be by Him and through Him, not futile.

We should be doing what He created us to do 80% of the time.  In our giftedness and interests that He put in us.

No comments: