Friday, September 9, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…It was hard getting back into the swing of things after being gone for three weeks.  I loved spending time with my son, my daughter-in-law and sweet new granddaughter!!! Also the weather was 20 degrees cooler there.  I did some freezer meals the other day, and boy am I glad I did.  They came in so handy this week.  I am really determined to keep the meal-planning/shopping/cooking/cleaning up part of my life as stress-free as possible.

In our homeschool this week…Our first day was a little disjointed and I was so disorganized. But by Friday we felt really accomplished.  We didn’t do any science this first week.  I hope to start it next week.  I’m still tweaking and gathering.

My favorite thing this week was…My new hours at work. I’m only working two full days, not two halves and one full. It is soooo much better to have that extra day at home.

Questions/thoughts I have…Math, isn’t it always math? DS is finishing up Teaching Textbooks 6.  Yes 6.  I admit it.  He’s in “8th” grade and doing a level 6 math program. But it is very redundant for him so I’m going to let him take the quizzes and if he passes, we’re moving on.  In fact, I am thinking of moving on to pre-algebra.  I really think he’s ready.  He’s struggled with some learning “differences” but it seems like he’s moving into that logic stage now and things are coming easier for him.  If any of my close friends are reading this then they know the happy dance I’m doing right now for him!


Things I’m working on…Every year about this time, our puppet team’s black light show is what I spend all my free time on.  I love it but it is a lot of work!!!  I have scripts to work out, recording to do, puppets and props to make, painting and choreography. Whew! Pray for me!

I’m praying for…My church.  We are experiencing some tough times and I want to know God’s will for us.  I pray for all churches that are part of the body of Christ and that He will raise them up for His glory. AMEN.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the ability to tweek and gather as we go along in homeschooling. I just said a prayer for your church.

Blessings,
Amy @ Missional Mama

unsure of the future said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting & following :) I'll be your newest follower too! We have more than just the similar circumstances with our daughters. I can also relate to the being "behind" with math, we are just this year (10th grade) starting Algebra 1 and we're doing biology this year too (using Apologia). With the biology we are skipping dissections and just opting for watching some youtube videos of them instead :)