Monday, September 19, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week…
My oldest brother had open heart surgery this week, so we went to see him. He’s doing well and was already home this weekend! Praise the Lord! Other than that this week really seems like a blur. I’m sure we accomplished something????

In our homeschool this week…
We started biology this week. It wasn’t too bad. Yet. :)

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We had a soccer game in a town about 30 miles away, that we never go to, so it was an interesting drive. And a really LONG walk to our field! We won the game in spite of no practice. Our local fields are closed because of the huge cracks in the ground!

My favorite thing this week was…
The thunderstorm that rolled in last night! Thank you Lord for the rain!!!!

Things I’m working on…
I’m still working on black light puppets and props. I hope to have some pictures to share soon. I’ll share them on my puppet blog and then link to them here.

I’m reading…
I’m always reading several books but for an “easy” read I’ve been reading the “Love Comes Softly” series. I just finished book 4.

I’m cooking…
Not much. Did some freezer cooking last week so haven’t had to cook much this week. Yay!

I’m grateful for…
My husband. We have been married 25 years today. It’s been very rough lately with some illnesses and financial struggles but with all that I am so grateful that he has put up with me and all my ideas and projects over the years! I love you R!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know and hear that your brother is doing well.
Sounds like you had a busy week.

Happy Anniversary-- I remembered last night, actually when the storm was rolling through!

I'm using Paypal now to sell some items (not up and running yet) on a blog. Maybe you could do this with your puppets!
every little bit helps!

ttyl-- Pat