Friday, October 21, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


The Homeschool Mother's Journal


The Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~
Week 6.5 C.J.'s 8th grade

In our homeschool this week…
I'm calling this week "6.5" because we used it as a catch up week.  It is our 7th week of school, but we didn't do week 7's work.  Make sense?  Not that we got so much caught up, but it helped!

In my life this week…
I have a hard time with this one because my weeks seem to run together, so I thought I'd break it down day by day and find out what it actually is that we do each week.

Sunday 
Go to church early for dd to practice for praise band and I join the prayer group in Pastor's office.
Sunday school - I love my class!
Church - this week I had to teach in Children's church even though it wasn't my month.  The teachers were out of town so I taught for them.  I am the Children's Church director, so it was no burden for me to teach.  I love it!  We are on a "Winners" unit and this week we learned about "paying attention" to God.  We learned about the boy Samuel and how he heard God calling him and giving him instruction.  It was a good lesson.
After church - PIT Crew practice for the Black Light Show!!! This lasted until 7pm!!! I'm exhausted by now.


Monday
I think we slept in on Monday I can't remember anything specific about Monday.  It was Monday.  I had some paper work/planning/organizing to do and I did that all day.  DH took DS to soccer practice that evening. Storms rolled in later that evening.  We need the rain so badly here in Texas, it was wonderful!

Tuesday
Again, I can't remember anything special about Tuesday.  We did some school work and some housework.  Got caught up on laundry. Whoo Hoo!

Wednesday
My day to work at church.  Get up, rush around trying to get lunch and all necessities gathered up and out the door.  Spill Diet Dr Pepper all over myself in the car, turn around to change clothes. Arrive at 8:05am. Just 5 minutes late.  A long list of tasks and projects to get done.  Lots of e-mails, copies, questions to answer, orders to make.  Somewhere in there DS got some schoolwork done.
Ordered the pizzas for dinner at church.  Made the tea, served pizza, cleaned up.  Got ready for our children's department program.  I do a skit every week with the children's pastor.  Finished the skit.  SAT DOWN FOR 15 minutes!!! Church is over at 7:30pm.  Ran an errand for hubby.  Go home.  Get a snack.  Fall asleep on the couch.

Thursday
My second work day at the church. This morning's fiasco was the carnation instant breakfast my son made for me leaking out all over the car and into the lunch bag.  What a mess!!  Got that cleaned up.  We have a little girl coming in to record a skit for us for our Black Light Show.  That takes a couple of hours.  Now I'm behind on my tasks, but somehow I get it all done.  Ate lunch with my friend who cleans the church and her daughter and granddaughter.  Back to work.  Now DS isn't feeling well.  He ends up sleeping on the couch in Pastor's office the rest of the afternoon. Text the coach. He's not making it for soccer practice.  I had to wake him up at 5:00pm to leave.  Had to run an errand for my mom.  Had to get gas in my van.  Drive home. Walk in the door and throw a very quick dinner in the oven.  I didn't have anything thawed! Why??  Sat down at the computer and have a little down time where I decide to write this post.

Friday (at the time of this writing, this is the tentative plan)
Get up.  Meet a friend who is the treasurer of our church to get her to sign a check so I can pick up banners our pastor ordered for a parade in our town Saturday.  Go to the city to pick up my contacts and while I'm there pick up the banners too.  Come back to town.  Get the parade float ready.  Also work on some last minute props for the Black Light show (sense a theme here?).  At home maybe do some light housework and laundry.  Fix dinner, clean up and go to bed.

Saturday
7:00am, arrive at church to finish last minute touches on the parade float.  Meet at the parade starting point at 8:00am.  Ride in the parade.  Hope to get back to my van in time to get DS to a 12:30 soccer game in a neighboring town.  Go HOME!!!

Then start it all over again!
I'm going to bed now. ;)

1 comment:

Traci's Teaching Times said...

My, you have had a busy week. I'm sure you are exhausted by now. God give you strength to finish out your week. Stopping by from the HMJ.