Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 11th

Short version: It was Bookfair week!!!

Yay! My favorite time of the year. :)

It's like Christmas for me, seriously.

I love getting with my hs mom friends and doing some perusing at the OVERWHELMING amount of hs materials out there. Yes, I had a 10+ sticker on my name-tag and I STILL get overwhelmed at this thing!  So many books and gadgets to look at, so many workshops to choose from, so many sales pitches!

I bought a few things this year, not really any curriculum but mostly supplies and "fun stuff". This is one of ds's favorite items that I brought home.


As he was perusing this book he got this serious look on his face and said, "Mom, you could actually kill somebody with this stuff!"
So I said, "Yes, I know.  Don't aim anything at my head please." LOL



My favorite seminar this year was Jim Hodges.  He was speaking about self-employment.  After 20 years in the Navy his wife said, "If money were no object what would you want to do now?"
And he said (to her surprise) "I'd like to record audio books."
So she replied. "Ok, then. Let's do it."

What a wonderful wife huh?

I learned so much from his short talk.  DS and I are working toward making a business with our puppets and traveling locally to do shows so this was very helpful and interesting to me.  Pray for us!



No comments: