Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Chain Letters and a Recipe

Jan. 17, 2006
I thought chain letters were long gone from society, but I received one of those recipe exchanges through e-mail. Now an e-mail chain letter isn't so bad. I didn't have to get a cramp in my hand from writing all those addresses and copying that letter so many times like when we were kids. Since I've been grown and on the internet, I've detested the little forwards that tell me if I don't send to 936 people by the end of the hour, that Jesus won't answer my prayers hereafter.
But this time, I decided to go ahead, and share a recipe. I might get some really good ones back, so why not?

Now I'm sharing my recipe with you.

Enjoy!

Mexican Chicken Soup

2 T oil
1/2 c onion, chopped
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 T chili powder
1/2 lb chicken breast cut into pieces
5 c. water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can corn
3 large seeded tomatoes chopped (I usually use canned tomatoes)
1/4 c chopped, fresh cilantro
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
tortilla chips (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic powder.
Saute about 3 minutes or until onion softens.
Add chili powder; stir 1 minute.
Add chicken pieces; stir 2 minutes.
Add water, bouillon, corn and tomatoes.
Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
Add chopped cilantro and lime juice.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips and cheddar cheese, if desired.

No comments: