Thursday, January 19, 2006

Trust in the Lord

I've been spending so much time working on my blogtemplate and getting to know others in the blogging community that I haven't had time to write a blog for a few days.When I first set up this blog, I really had no idea what to write about.
I love to organize, and plan for our school and for my classes at church. I love to learn more creative ways to care for my home and family. I also crave to know the Lord more and more. I love studying the Bible and learning about prayer. I guess the thing I've learned the most about in the past 6 years or so has been how to pray. Going through two teenagers growing up and leaving the nest will really send you to your knees.I first truly learned to pray by using His word as Rhema prayers and just truly pourning my heart out to my Father. This lesson came to me at a moment in my life when I was exhausted spiritually and emotionally. While I won't go into details here, I will say that many changes were going on in my life. Changes that *I* didn't plan and so therefore I felt helpless. Isn't that the best place to be in our walk with Jesus? How else will we truly learn to lean on Him and not on our own understanding? Last night at church our pastor led our small group and we discussed this scripture. It comes back to me now as I look back on this time of "leaning".I hope to get a list of books written by some of the sisters who went down the road before me and shared their lessons with me. The first one that pops into mind is Edwina Patterson. My friend asked me to go to a Redeeming the Time Retreat with her. Now this is amazing because we just aren't the type of gals that go do things like this. As a matter of fact that is the first and the last time I have gone somewhere like that overnight. I just don't have the opportunity. And at this particular time, my ds was still a baby, so that was definately something unusual for me. But God had his hand all over this one and I learned so much from that seminar. I will never, never forget it.The next name that comes to mind is Stormie Omartian. God has used her in such a mighty and awesome way in my life and the life of countless other women. You'll have to read her books and see for yourself if you haven't already. Each time I pray a prayer from one of her books, I think about how God's word says, "where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am in the midst of them." I feel like Stormie is in agreement with me in prayer for my family and the prayers are more effective because of that.I'm grateful for the women who have followed the leading of the Lord to encourage other women and come along side of us, teaching us, encouraging us and admonishing us in the ways of the Lord.

No comments: