Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chili Recipe

This is another one of our quick and easy favorites. Here in Texas it's actually cold. No kidding, yesterday I was running my air conditioning, today there is freezing rain on the ground. So we're having chili for supper tonight! yum!

Chili
1 lb ground beef
1 can of beans
1 can of tomatoes
1 T Chili powder
1 t onion powder
1 t garlic powder

Brown ground beef, drain, add remaining ingredients and simmer.

Now I do this a lot of ways but that is the basic recipe. Tonight I'm actually making a pot of pinto beans and then I will make the chili with that. Obviously I will adjust the other ingredients so I'll be making a really big pot. That's okay, we hardly ever have left overs with the above version, this time there might be some for lunch tomorrow!

The original recipe called for kidney beans but dh isn't too fond of those so I use other types of beans.

No comments: