Friday, February 15, 2008

Week of...

I haven't posted a weekly summary in about a month! I'll do my best to catch up.

Dd got her learner's permit for driving! Woo Hoo! Just what I wanted, another teenage driver! LOL

A boy I used to babysit's father passed away and I attended his funeral.

At church we had a VBS kick off luncheon to brainstorm for this coming year. The Lord led us out on our own to do a VBS no one else is doing. We're writing it ourselves! I'm excited about what He is going to do and already IS doing. I'll post about that later.

Youth had True Love Waits banquet Wed the 13th.

We had a quiet Valentine's day at home, DH brought home pizza and I didn't have to cook. Yay!

Went to a friend's baby shower, the baby was already here and he was so precious. :)

At church I got to hold a newborn that wasn't even 5lbs yet. She was soooo tiny, she looked like a doll!

DD and I are reading "The Grapes of Wrath" and she noted that "they cuss a lot in this book". Normally we avoid very worldly books, and I've never read this book in order to make a pre-judgment and am reading it along with her now, but the themes in the book bring good discussions for us. We always try to look with a biblical worldview at things like this. Sometimes we need to see from the safety of our own home how people live without the Lord in their life. I'm not sure how the book turns out but for now I see such false worship through the characters in the book. If you've read the book I'd like to know your comments on it.

I can't think of anything else noteworthy at the moment. When I do I'll write another post.

No comments: