Friday, October 12, 2012

Veteran HS Mom has melt down

Earlier this week I had what I would call a "melt down".  It was mostly internal.  I didn't really take it out on anyone but the feelings were so overwhelming I felt like running away and not stopping! So I decided to go out on a limb and share on a homeschool forum that I belong to.  Here's a portion of what I wrote:


"Okay, so I'm really going out on a limb here and make a confession: I'm tired of hs-ing! (14 yrs!) I'm tired of all the decisions and mostly situations in our private life have caused our hs to be more of a "to do" list than a way of life... I feel like most days *I* just don't have the brain power to do school with him. It's not fair to him at all but ps isn't an option at this point. So I guess I'm letting myself vent here a little and I need some encouragement...Is there anyone who can relate?..."



The ladies there were so encouraging!  I got lots of prayer and scripture and reminders from these sweet ladies who identified with how I was feeling.

Thank you AO Forum!

I'm going out on a limb posting this here, publicly, not that I have that many readers but you never know who will see this and well, I feel awfully vulnerable.

But maybe, just maybe someone else needs to know that they are  not alone and that everyone has "low" times; especially in homeschooling.  It's such a BIG job, you can't possibly expect it to always be FUN right?  Right.


So thank you for the encouragement ladies, and bless you to anyone else who is feeling this way.

Now I am ready to move forward!


No comments: